Leather handbags are those that have timeless look. There are so many fancy handbags in different materials, but leather stands the test of time. The leather is classy and durable. You can always create your style statement with leather.
But leather as we all know is originally skin, (we are talking about pure leather here!), so maintenance becomes highly essential. The following tips will help take good care of your prized possession, your leather customised bag Singapore.
- Your usage decides how often your bag needs to be cleaned. If you use your bag daily, then it should be cleaned at least once in a month. If it is sparingly used, it can be cleaned once in 6 months.
- While cleaning, empty the contents of your bag. Sometimes we keep on adding things in the bag and there will be even some unfinished candies, old bills, etc.
- After removing all that in the bag, clean it both on the inside and outside. You have to wipe it thoroughly with a damp cloth.
- Allow it to dry completely since water can damage leather. It will also lead to the formation of mildew which can make your bag look ugly.
- For cleaning use a cleaner that is meant for leather bags. Leather cleaners are available in the market. Go according to the instructions on the package.
- If the color of your bag is very light, then the cleaning process will take a little more time. Light-colored bags attract a lot of dirt and stains, so the cleaner may have to be applied more than once to get the required result.
- Once you are done with cleaning, you can also apply a conditioner to keep the bag fresh and soft.
- One main point in cleaning is to remove stains as soon as possible. Liquid stains or any other food stains if left untreated will become stubborn and hard to remove.
- In case of any accidental spillage, cover the spot with a tissue or cloth to absorb the liquid before it enters the bag’s surface.
- Press it tight and try to absorb all stains without spreading it further by rubbing against it.
- After this, dry the handbag in natural air without applying any heat.
- You can also apply chalk powder to absorb all liquid stains as soon as possible.
- Keep the bag stuffed to retain the shape of the bag in case it will not be used for a long time. Also, keep it covered with a soft cotton cloth.
- Cleaning kits are available at stores that you can choose according to the stains and the material.
Make sure you approach professionals if the damage cannot be handled by yourself.