One of the best ways to make your experience there very memorable and enjoyable is to make sure you have a good itinerary such as booking a hotel, looking for the best local restaurants, visiting its famous tourist spots, meeting the locals, and a lot more. However, not all of us have the spirit of adventurism on ourselves that is why people love to hire a tourist guide that they can rely on.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of incompetent and incapable tourist guides that pretend to provide you the best experience there is when you visit another country, that is why in this post, let us talk about some important points in choosing a reliable tourist guide courtesy of the best skiing & snowboarding blog.
- Positive attitude towards his/her guests– Considering that tour groups only have one tour guide assigned, the tour guide should be charismatic towards their guests. Charismatic in a way that the tour guide’s guests easily trust them and listen to them easily without hesitating and most of these tour guides’ charisma should be the source of entertainment which usually breaks the ice of the tour group during long travels in a bus.
- Very patient in dealing with the guests– What makes a good tour guide is they are very patient regardless of how annoying their guests are. They will gamely answer their guests’ questions even though it was repeated multiple times which does not completely bother them at all. They will be showing great enthusiasm and energy that is infectious to everyone in the touring group.
- They know how to handle different guests-A lot of times, tour guides have to deal with difficult people or guests who are simply misbehaving or do not follow the rules they imposed while touring. A good tour guide knows how to tame these people in the group and deal with them by keeping the rest of the group safe and enjoying their tour.
- Should show some empathy towards their guests– Their sense is always on to feel the entire group. They will make sure that their guests are at ease and assure everyone that they are completely safe and they should be enjoying their tour the entire day.
- Should be very familiar with the places they tour their guests in– Aside from charisma, the tour guide should know the stuff and the place they are visiting and touring into so that their guests will be going home educated and well-informed of the place they have visited. They should know what exactly they are talking about facts, figures and everything that the tour will be shown.
- Great at communicating at their guests-A good tour guide is the one who is both charismatic and knowledgeable who has the ability to interact with his or her guests easily. A good tour guide does not necessarily have to be good at foreign languages to establish good communication with their guests, but they should be good at interacting with them by letting their guests know that they care for them so that they can easily understand each other.
7. Should know where the best places to visit and eat– A great tour guide is the one that will take you to a place where you will surely enjoy a lot, where you can take a lot of great pictures, and where you can treat your taste buds with new flavors because that is your main intention in visiting a particular country in the first place right? A great tour guide is the one that will make sure you have the best experience on your vacation.